Spanning hundreds of feet of sensitive wetlands with a precast concrete viaduct can be a daunting task; having to build two viaducts doubles that challenge. Tindall's technical competence, along with their extensive work history of building bridges for Norfolk Southern, gave the owner confidence to go with Tindall. Tindall's vast production capabilities gave the contractor the scheduling assurances he needed to meet the required installation date.
As a single source supplier of TindallCast Spans, Tindall is with you from design to delivery. Tindall designs, manufactures, ships and is on site during installation. All of these factors helped Birmingham Regional Intermodal Facility be built on time and within budget.
Owner: Norfolk Southern
Engineer: HNTB Corporation
Contractor: E.S. Wagner
- (2) Viaducts with railroad crossing stream and wetland area
- Each viaduct with TindallCast 42’ Spans x 9’ Rise
- East viaduct with 6 bays and West viaduct with 7 bays
- All TindallCast Spans rated for Cooper E80 live loads
- Total of 136 pieces on both viaducts
- Smaller bridge with TindallCast 20’ Span x 10’ rise
- Utilized custom earth anchors to support the 14.5' tall wing walls.
- Headwalls and arch culvert poured monolithically on end of each bay.
Want a solution like this? Contact us
- TindallCast Spans 20'
- TindallCast Spans 42'
“Tindall Corporation has exceeded our expectations on every project we have performed together. From small, basic projects to large, complex sites, the quality and accuracy of your work has been outstanding. Your entire staff is very knowledgeable, helpful, and easy to work with. We look forward to our next opportunity to work with Tindall, and would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a precast partner. ”
— Craig Wing, Structures Division Manager, E.S. Wagner Co., LLC