Harmony, SC; Wilkesboro, NC; Temperanceville, VA
Wilkesboro, NC; Monroe, NC; Crewe, VA
Kings Mountain, NC; Suffolk, VA
Though steel construction is often used for food processing facilities, steel buildings have limited life spans due to their susceptibility to rust, puncture, dents, bacterial growth and mildew. Precast, prestressed concrete facilities, however, offer inherent strength, durability, and moisture control, conducive to longevity for food processing plants.
- Strict adherence to design specs
- Long lifespan without significant deterioration, even in corrosive or high temperature environments
- Integral insulation and high thermal mass for high insulation values in thin, durable panels
- Reduces energy required to maintain cold and hot temperatures
- Natural thermal efficiency
- Inherent fire resistance
- No toxic fumes or molten particles
- Fire barrier between adjacent spaces
- Framework engineered to reduce or isolate vibration from operating machinery
- High temperatures handled without significant deterioration
- W-beam’s long continuous spans free up valuable headroom for ease of machinery maintenance.
- Factory-controlled manufacturing of wall panels, columns, double tees, and all other products prevents formation of cracks.
- High-density concrete with appropriate finish treatment is free of holes.
- Moisture, condensation and mold resistant
- Meets USDA Standards for Class “A” or “B” surface finishes
- Smooth, ledge-free interior walls and framing resists soiling, minimizes maintenance.
- Smooth interior walls discourage debris accumulation and crawling insects.
“I am very pleased with Tindall’s performance on the Peanut Processing Plant. Tindall was responsive, competitive, on schedule, and provided a great looking product. I look forward to our next project together.”
— Bob Semmel, Vice President, CW Brinkley