A Winning Case for Customized Cell Modules
The GEO Group, Inc., a private owner/manager of correctional institutions, and Hensel Phelps Construction Company tapped Tindall to provide more than 800 customized cells in two phases for the new construction and expansion of a State of Florida correctional facility under the direction of the Florida Department of Management Services. Tindall not only met the customer’s unique cell requirements, but also facilitated coordination with on-site subcontractors that heightened efficiencies. Tindall beat projected schedules on both phases of the project. Identifying needs and exceeding expectations—that's why Tindall is the industry leader.
Owner: The GEO Group, Inc.; Florida Department of Management Services
Architect: Schenkel Shultz Architecture
General Contractor: Hensel Phelps Construction
Engineer: Tindall Corporation
Precaster: Tindall Corporation, Corrections Division
- Tindall staff engineers fast-tracked each project phase to help meet and beat aggressive construction schedules.
- Cell module exterior walls arrived with a paint-ready finish for on-site completion.
- Tindall’s increased efficiencies shortened the construction schedule by months facilitating early occupancy.
- All cell modules were engineered to the owner’s specific requirements while maintaining Tindall’s high production quality and low costs.
- Mezzanine level cell module floors were extended to the front to form cantilevered balcony walkways.
- Phase one cell modules included customized 85-sq.-ft. double cell modules with a fully upfitted front mechanical chase.
- In phase two, five customized 95-sq.-ft. double cell segregation modules were provided along with 96 additional custom 85-sq.-ft. double cell modules.
- All cell modules were interior finished, furnished, and upfitted with MEP chase components in the factory.
Want a solution like this? Contact us
- Architectural Wall Panels
- Flat Slab Roof Members
- Framing Members
“We were looking for the most cost-efficient way to build single-cell housing units. We looked at virtually every system known to man and none of them could compete with precast.”
— Florida Department of Corrections, Chief of Facilities Management, State of Florida