|Chemical Manufacturing Facility
- 7-level structure with average floor heights of 24 ft
- Category D seismic design
- Accommodates two 1.2-million-lb silos cantilevered 67 ft
- Provisions for more than 400 penetrations ranging from 10 in. to 20 ft. in diameter, through support deck and diaphragms
- PCI Design Award winner
|Acid Modernization Plant
- New facility for nitric and sulfuric acid concentration (NAC/SAC)—fortifies weak concentrates to use in propellants
- Nine story total precast building
- 231 pieces including: architectural wall panels, beams, columns and slabs
- More than 1,600 slab openings from 6 in. x 4 in. to 18 ft x 6 in. to accommodate process piping and vessels
- Meets building codes in areas with high seismic zones
- Design optimization reduces connection, reinforcement, and labor costs.
- Multilevel structures with long, clear spans in areas with complex structural restrictions
- More economical alternative to steel
- Provides long-term flexibility, lower initial cost, and rugged durability
- Reinforced concrete shear walls accommodate heavy, elevated loads.
- Meets structural demands on shear walls even with penetrating process piping and substantial silo and tank loadings
- Multilevel structures with long, clear spans
- Incorporated flexibility for future penetrations
- Diaphragm behaves elastically to ensure structural integrity between external shear walls and the diaphragm.
- Contoured topping slabs contain three layers of diaphragm reinforcement to transfer seismic diaphragm forces around penetrations to external shear walls.
- Collector elements and drag struts properly distribute forces through the diaphragm.
- Provides for hundreds of penetrations, up to 20 ft. x 20 ft.
- Startups often occur 30% sooner than with conventional steel construction.
- Provides for multiple penetrations in both shear walls and floor levels
- Satisfies specialized reinforcement requirements, connections, and unique performance demands
- Accommodates process equipment with multiple support and performance requirements for vibration, deflection, and attachments
- Framework engineered to reduce vibration from operating machinery and control deflection from elevated loads
“The Tindall team did an outstanding job on the design, fabrication, and erection of this unique precast building. This challenging project was delivered on time with a minimum of changes despite a demanding schedule.”
— John Leslie, P.E., Project Manager, SNC-Lavalin America, Inc.