Bridge High Design with Parking Convenience
Parking deck “A” at Kennesaw State University is an excellent example of a state-of-the-art structure with abundant architectural enhancements. The aesthetic details complement surrounding campus structures while a long span pedestrian bridge provides attractive, easy access for students and faculty. Meeting an extremely aggressive schedule, this project even came in under budget. Tindall's broad experience helps them understand customer needs and allows them to create exceptional precast solutions.
Owner: Place Properties
Architect: Niles Bolton and Associates
Engineer: Browder + LeGuizamon
Contractor: Hardin Construction Company
Location: Kennesaw, GA
- 425,000 sq. ft. of elevated precast structure
- Entire project designed, manufactured and erected in 90 working days
- Project came in under owner’s budget.
- Erection completed in 50 days, including weather delays.
- Project schedule accelerated due to minimal number of precast pieces needed.
- Aesthetically-pleasing finishes include antique-white concrete with a variety of sandblasting depths, intricate reveal patterns, and more.
- Structural precast is an ideal medium to achieve architectural features.
- Pedestrian bridge over adjoining street enhances access.
- Notice to Proceed received before contractor was selected, allowing design to move forward ahead of schedule.
- Pedestrian bridge utilized two 60-in. deep spandrels and four flat slabs.
- Overall footprint is 243 ft. by 381 ft.
- Four elevated levels and four bays wide
- 1,111 precast pieces including 20-in. thick, 48-in. wide flat columns; 42-in. deep spandrel beams; 8-, 10-, and 12-in. thick wall panels; cornices on stair towers and precast stairs