Develop a small tract with dense retail, then find a place to park.
Urban density often makes ground-level parking uneconomical or simply impossible. The solution was to vertically integrate parking and retail areas. Tindall’s precast, prestressed concrete framing system is a cost-effective solution. The project features wide, clear spans that accommodate impressive dead and live loadings, including extra-thick, watertight topping slabs, HVAC equipment, and ample parking capacity. Tindall's engineers consistently deliver long-term value to project contractors, architects, and owners.
Owner: WB Vinings, LLC
Architect: Hill, Foley, Rossi and Associates
Engineer: Hill, Foley, Rossi and Associates
Contractor: RW Smith Company
Location: Smyrna, GA
- 48,700 sq. ft. with one elevated level and width of three bays
- Fast erection time with precast compared to cast-in-place concrete alternative
- Retailers opened stores in a shorter time frame, advancing revenue streams.
- Site required successful vertical integration of retail space and parking.
- Parking on the roof of the Kroger shopping center
- Precast framing system with long spans and heavy loading requirements was economical solution.
- Painted, exposed precast concrete ceiling gives retail stores clean, bright look.
- Overall footprint of 151 ft. by 320 ft.
- 167 precast pieces including 28-in. square columns, 24-in.-deep and 10-ft-wide double tees, 12-in. load-bearing shear walls, 8-in. panels and spandrels