Estimator - Tindall Corporation, Utility Division
Tindall Corporation is a trusted leader in precast, prestressed concrete - one of ENR’s highest-rated specialty contractors. We know that a dynamic, supportive working environment leads to success, which is why we invest in what matters most: you. We know that to succeed as a company, every team member must succeed individually. We’re committed to helping you grow to your maximum potential. With your talent and commitment, we can turn challenges into opportunities and dreams into careers.
Tindall is currently hiring for the role of Estimator. A good fit for this role will possess strong technical skills. Primary and key job functions include analysis of plans, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare estimates for products, projects or services.
Additional core duties include, but are not limited to:
- Translating structures from engineering drawings into individual takeoffs using the Utilities Order Fulfillment System (UOFS).
- Reviewing data to determine material requirements and preparing itemized lists.
- Organizing and managing a centralized cost-estimating database, inclusive of historical data, and developing a formal process to support cost-estimating for future projects.
- Analyzing completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determining causes for any discrepancies.
- Providing improvement recommendations to cost-estimating procedures with the goal of reducing future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifying cost trends to assist the management team with cost-reduction and process improvement efforts.
Qualified candidates should possess an associate's degree (or equivalent) from two-year college or technical school, or one year of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project and IFS manufacturing software as well as firm knowledge of geometry principles and mathematics. Effective communication with internal and external customers is also required.
This position will require minimal travel and will be based in Spartanburg, SC. All those wishing to be considered for this role should submit their resume and cover letter along with any salary requirement.
Tindall Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Fill out the form below and attach your cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
Fields marked with * are required.