Highlights: All-precast structure
Cedar River Paper
Cedar Rapids, IA
Highlights: Two all-precast mills
Highlights: Floor loads to 1,000 lb/sq. ft.
Rand Whitney Corporation
Highlights: Hybrid precast-steel structure, aggressive construction schedule, machine track framing support independent from structure
Highlights: Special seismic frame with clear, no-shear wall upper structure
- Engineered for high universal load capacities
- Unique, precast haunch slab floor systems allow greater flexibility for openings and penetrations both initially and in the future.
- Redundant design offers flexibility for future expansions, often without structural enhancement or modification.
- Corrosion and fire resistant; withstands rapid temperature changes
- Accommodates lateral movement and resists translational movement of track frame with engineered support details
- Combines exterior cladding and shear walls to achieve adequate lateral resistance with only 20-30% of the surface area of the shear wall panels
- Alternative framing schemes treat columns as cantilevers to the second floor.
- Frees up valuable headroom with W-beam’s long continuous spans
- Framing system provides necessary rigidity to keep lateral and vertical loads from affecting machine performance.
- Two independent frame systems ensure minimal interference with machinery.
- Moment frame construction offers maximum clear spans, reducing obstructions for mechanical systems and number of footings.
- High-density wall panels prevent moisture condensation and mold growth.
- Flush, flange-free framing minimizes the accumulation of dust and debris.