Maximum Quality for Added Capacity
When Steuben County looked to renovate and expand its correctional facility, speed and quality were the top priorities. Selecting precast concrete cell modules provided a fast resolution with a superior level of security. And choosing Tindall ensured engineering support, module quality, and completed erection faster than the one-week deadline. Our team of engineers delivers quality, long-term value.
Owner: Steuben County, New York
Architect: LaBella Associates, P.C.
Engineer: LaBella Associates, P.C.
Contractor: LP Ciminelli
Location: Bath, New York
- Precast cell modules were promptly delivered by rail, ready for immediate erection.
- With a small window of five days for erection, Tindall set all 96 cells in four days.
- The project was completed on time and under budget.
- Expansion consisted of 96 precast cells.
- Modules were fully equipped upon arrival at the job site.
- Upfitted cells were equipped with toilets, MEP chases and furniture.
- Single-occupancy cells are 70 sq. ft.
- 104-sq.-ft. cells were included for future double bunking.
- Exterior was field-stained to complement existing building.
- Six-sided cells eliminate wall-to-wall and ceiling-to-wall joints, which are potential hiding places for contraband.
- Prestressed cantilevered balconies eliminate the need for pour-in-place topping slab.
- Monolithically poured cells eliminate need for grouting or shims inside cells.