Tindall Corporation’s Utility Division has established a Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship program for college students interested in developing their skills within the precast concrete industry. This is in partnership with Spartanburg Community College. Tindall plans to promote this program through career fairs in the Upstate.
“Tindall has a passion for maximizing the potential of its employees and we are thrilled to invest in students who want to learn within our company,” said Kelly Scheib, Vice President of Human Resources at Tindall. “Hands-on experience is an asset for college students on the job hunt, and this program is exceptional in providing everything they need for a career in this field.”
Students that participate in this program gain workforce experience while also working toward a college degree. Participants receive competitive wages, tuition assistance, and are eligible for employment with Tindall upon program completion. Once active in the program, participants will be eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k) retirement options, paid vacation and holidays, and will have access to Tindall’s on-site health clinic.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Current Spartanburg Community College student
- Enroll in up to three (3) approved courses per semester for up to nine (9) semesters
- Must have completed one (1) semester in a technology program prior to beginning the apprenticeship program
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Commit to working a minimum of 30 hours per week at Tindall
- Participate in mandatory safety and other training sessions
- Meet all requirements of regular employment
Interested applicants should reach out to Kelly Scheib at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an employment application. They should send their completed application, current resume, and unofficial transcript to Scheib for consideration.